Thursday, May 06, 2010

Gorgeous Dresses and the Celebs Who Wear Them

New York is one of the great fashion capitals of the world, and every year the Metropolitan Museum throws a gala to celebrate the Costume Institute. There are almost more stars at this event then there are at the Oscars. Seriously, its one of the biggest events on the New York social calendar. I dream of winning Mega Millions so that I can afford to go to this ball. It would be like Cinderella (I think there might be a Harlequin Presents or Silhouette Desire in this) arriving at this ball.  Here are some of my favorite dresses and some of my least favorite. Also head on over to Amanda McCabe's blog to see some of her favorites.

Jennifer Lopez

Sarah Jessica Parker in Halston Heritage. She's just signed up to be Creative Director. Not sure how I feel about this one. It looks kind of like a tent in this picture.


Blake Lively from Gossip Girl and her impossibly long legs wearing Marchesa


Demi Moore looking gorgeous at 47


Clare Danes


Hermione Granger all growed up. Emma Watson in Burberry


Sienna Miller in Emilio Pucci. She went with Jude Law, who she is apparently seeing again. Run, Sienna , Run!


Janet Jackson in a dress that look's like a Home Ec experiment gone wrong



Chloe Sevigny. I like the lace but not the dress


January Jones.  I have nothing to say about this monstrosity


Ah, Giselle, I know you thought this was a good idea when you left the house.

No comments: