Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane


So I leave tonight for London and I can't wait. There's nothing better for getting over heartbreak than traveling to another country, where there are no reminders of the one that you love. I suggest that the two women from The Bachelor do the same thing. Take a vacation to Club Med and stop mooning over Brad Womack. Be grateful that he didn't pick either one of you and then dump you after a month (FYI, I only watched the final episode of this season. ABC should do everyone a favor and cancel this travesty of a show or invest in a team of pyschotherapists to deal with these women.)
My plans for my trip are evolving. I'm now staying in a private home which will save me 28 pounds a night instead of staying in a hotel. I'm seeing some great theater and hanging out with my lovely American and British friends while I'm there. I'm even having Thanksgiving but on Saturday.
I'm still torn about taking either a day trip to Bath or seeing what the heck is up with this Dicken's World theme park. I'm kind of curious about it. It depends on what the cost is. I'm not spending the equivalent of what it would cost for a day at Disney World to watch people run around pretending to be living in Victorian London.
I'm also going to have afternoon tea at the Berkeley Hotel. It's called the pret a port tea, because all the cookies and cakes are dressed up to look like dresses from the latest collections, so I'll try and take pictures if they'll let me. I'm also going to stop in at Mysteries to have a tarot card reading. Maybe I'll get some good news that I'll finally meet someone else to help me get over cutie pie author. Hopefully someone who looks like James Purefoy! Hey a girl can dream can't she?
I don't know if I'll be blogging while I'm there. I don't have a laptop and it depends on if I can find an internet cafe. So don't miss me too much!
Thanks for reading,
EKM

4 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Have a great time, Elizabeth! I would bag the Dickens' World, it sounds weird.

Anonymous said...

Dickens world? Well, I went to bath and it was ok. What the heck, give ol' charlie a try!

Carleen Brice said...

Hope you have a jolly good time. :)
Sorry to hear about the heartbreak.

Lisa Dale said...

hope you're having a grea time!