Friday, November 09, 2007

Born in Arizona, Moved to Babylonia, King Tut


Hey, I'm over at Scandalous Women today, talking about Ninon de L'enclos, an early sex icon. Check it out! In the meantime, I've just booked my tickets to the London Eye and the King Tut exhibit.

Apparently that's the only way to get a ticket, since they are pretty sold out. The venue is called O2 and it's located out in Greenwich. My friend Chip's husband saw Barbara Streisand there. J works for a ticket agency that is selling the King Tut tickets and even he can't get one. So although on principle, I had the idea of having to buy one thing to get another, I booked both tickets.

And the London Eye is supposed to be pretty cool. I decided that since I was booking both, I might as well go for the Champagne option (a waiter brings you a glass of Laurent-Perrier). It was only 4 pounds more than the basic ticket. And I booked an early ticket for the King Tut exhibit because I figured it would be much more crowded later in the day than at 11 o'clock in the morning.

If my schedule had been better, I would have gone to see the exhibit in Philadelphia which would have been cheaper. Oh well, since a Brit discovered the tomb, in a way it's fitting that I see the boy King in London.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The King Tut exhibit sounds awesome. Those pics of the decomposing mummy are pretty creepy. By the way love the cat pic!