Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Guilty Pleasures: Twizzlers

I have a huge sweet tooth, there is no denying it, and one of the candies that I love the most are Twizzlers. And I'm one of those people who can't just stop at one piece. If I buy a bag of Twizzlers, I will eat the whole bag in one sitting, if I'm not careful. Which is why I try not eat Twizzlers too often.

According to Wikipedia and the Hershey web-site, Twizzlers were first manufactured by the Y&S Candies, one of the oldest confectionery firms in the United States. The company was established in 1845 as Young and Smylie and adopted Y&S as its trademark in 1870. National Licorice Company was created in 1902 through the merger of three small firms: Young & Smylie, S.V. & F.P. Schudder and H.W. Petherbridge. The company changed its name to Y&S Candies Inc. in 1968 and was acquired by Hershey Foods in 1977.
Today TWIZZLERS candy is available in a variety of flavors and styles, strawberry, true black licorice, cherry, and chocolate flavored licorice-style candy.

I love them all but it's the chocolate that I really love which makes no sense because I think that Hershey's chocolate tastes like ear wax but somehow it works with licorice.

No comments: