Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The End of the World as We Know It

Okay, I saw this last night while I was surfing the internet at work. At first I thought it had to be a huge joke. But it turned out to be horribly, horribly rea.

I'm telling you I almost threw up in my mouth a little when I read it on USA Today. Some things are so unbelievably offensive, they require no comment whatsoever. Here is the press release from Fox. (Trust me, I only wish I were making this up.)

JUDITH REGAN’S EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH O.J. SIMPSON

“O.J. SIMPSON: IF I DID IT, HERE’S HOW IT HAPPENED”

TO AIR AS A TWO-PART SPECIAL ON FOX

Special to Air Over Two Nights:

Monday, November 27, and Wednesday, November 29

Over 10 years after he was tried for two murders in the "Trial of the Century" that captured the attention of the world, O.J. Simpson, in his own words, tells for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes. Noted publisher Judith Regan will talk with Simpson in a wide-ranging, no-holds-barred interview that will be the basis of a two-part special, O.J. SIMPSON: IF I DID IT, HERE’S HOW IT HAPPENED (working title), airing Monday, Nov. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The Simpson criminal and civil trials captivated people around the world for a decade, and now no topics are off-limits -- Simpson has agreed to an unrestricted interview with Regan. In the two-part event, Simpson describes how he would have carried out the murders he has vehemently denied committing for over a decade.

"This is an interview that no one thought would ever happen. It’s the definitive last chapter in the Trial of the Century," said Mike Darnell, Executive Vice President of Alternative Programming.

Although acquitted of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, Simpson was later sued in civil court, found responsible for both murders and ordered to pay $33.5 million in restitution to the families of the victims. A decade later, Simpson has written a book that hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed. If I Did It will go on sale Thursday, Nov. 30, under the REGAN imprint.

Is this not the most disgusting, offensive, loathsome thing on the planet? Shame on Judith Regan and Harper Collins for publishing this book. And big shame on Rupert Murdoch for letting it go through. I don't believe in censorship, but come on, what is the sense in publishing this book?

What would motivate you to write this book but money? Come on, writing a book about how if you hypothetically had killed your wife, this is how you would have done it?

I have to say straight up that I believe that O.J. killed Nicole and Ron Goldman, so I find this book particularly loathsome. If there is such a thing as karma (and I believe there is), I hope this comes back and bites him big time on the ass. I hope both families sue him for the money from his book. I hope this book is pulped.

Judith Regan has sunk to a new low. It was bad enough to publish a book by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's ex-boyfriend Michael Bergin which pretty much dragged her poor dead body through the mud but O.J.?

Ugh, I need to take a shower now, I feel so dirty even blogging about this.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I agree 100 percent. And to show it now - all a ratings game.

Gabrielle said...

Oh, no, OJ's not writing it for the money! OJ's writing it because he's a sociopath and he's interested in torturing the Brown and Goldman families for daring to take him to court. The money is just a nice little extra.

To say I'm sickened by this is an understatement. Yes, I believe in free speech. But this is not speech. This is a mindf&ck of the highest degree. Shame on any publisher for buying into it.