Friday, February 16, 2007

Feeling Good!

I pulled a sickie yesterday, after working 2 nights in a row at my night job until almost two o'clock in the morning. I managed to sleep until 9 a.m. and then I took off for my hair appointment at Ouidad. If you have curly hair like mine, Ouidad is the mecca for us. The salon is also very expensive. We're talking like 4 Supercuts for the price of one. But my hair looks great, and the stylist Alina actually managed to cut my hair the way that I've always wanted it. So now, of course, I'm hooked. Plus, I got the deep conditioning treatment because my hair was fried, from all the hair care products, and coloring my hair every two months. So the hair cut, the conditioning treatment, plus the haircare products I had to buy (and they didn't twist my arm either) means that I won't be eating sushi for a couple of weeks.

I've also continued querying for my YA novels. I just shot out two queries today, and got partial requests, so I'm psyched. I'm going to put the rejection that I got on Wednesday (yes, Valentine's Day) behind me and move forward. Like the email said, there are lots of agents out there that I haven't yet queried.

Last night, I went to a lovely book party for the China Dolls authors, Michelle Yu and Blossom Kan at an art gallery way the hell over near the highway in Chelsea. It was freezing last night which made the walk particularly unpleasant but I looked great with my new hair, and a slamming red sweater dress from Victoria's Secret. Had two delicious apple lychee martinis, and chatted with the lovely Kwana Jackson, Marley Gibson, and her husband Mike, my future web master.

We then headed over to Half-King, which is this groovy pub on 23rd street and 10th. The fish and chips were awesome. If you're ever in New York, I would definitely head over there. Now tonight, I'm heading out at 10:00 p.m. to meet a friend to see the musical episode of Buffy at the IFC Center. They do a Buffy sing-a-long night, which I'm looking forward to, and tomorrow I'm having a day spa experience.

Since Mercury is in retrograde, I'm taking this time to work out the kinks in my books, and to really make sure that I plot out my new series before I start writing.

Have a great President's Day weekend!

EKM

1 comment:

Marley Gibson said...

Whooooooooooohoooooooo!!! What a great night! Fun seeing you and hanging out. And yes, your hair was enviously amazing!

Hugs,
Marley = )