Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Crazy Celebrity Parents

I wasn't sure I had anything to write about today. I've been struggling to get back to my historical YA that I hope to have finished by the NJ Conference, so I'm outlining the next three chapters that I have to write.

But thankfully Sharon Stone is around for people like me. Recently she lost physical custody of her oldest son Roan to her ex-husband Phil Bronstein, because among many things, she wanted to have his feet Botoxed because they were smelly. Apparently teaching him good hygiene, like putting talcum powder in your shoes, if you don't wear socks or just washing them didn't occur to her.

Seriously botox for an 8 year old's feet?

I've always liked Sharon Stone. She's always had a good sense of humor about her career and her place in the industry, and she's always been impeccably well-dressed in her films. And I admired her for adopting three boys without a husband, but no I'm starting to wonder.

Who is raising these kids while she runs around the world? Phil Bronstein is at least Roan's legal father but what about the other kids. When will celebrities realize that kids are not accessories like chihuahuas?

No comments: