Friday, December 02, 2005

What's in my Netflix Queue

Okay, I know I'm way behind the rest of the country, but I just joined Netflix this week since they had a two week trial period. Since I'm broke 90% of the time, I usually try to take movies out of the library, but for the new flicks, you could end up 350th on the list of reserves. So on impulse on Monday, I went to the Netflix website and signed up, and got my first DVD on Wednesday. I am now officially in love.

The nearest video store from me is 20 blocks away, and it used to be a hassle for me to take the train down to 95th street to get to Blockbuster or over to Columbus Avenue on 86th Street for Hollywood Video, which has a better selection of videos and dvds. Guess what? I'm lazy. So Netflix is a godsend for me.

I now have an official Netflix queue:

  1. Entourage Season 1 - Disc 1
  2. Footballers Wives Season 2 - Disc 1
  3. Footballer's Wives Season 2 - Disc 2
  4. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
  5. Teen Witch
  6. Cursed
  7. Monarch of the Glen Season 3 - Disc 1
  8. Monarch of the Glen Season 3 - Disc 2
  9. Popular Season 1 - Disc 3
  10. Popular Season 1 - Disc 4
  11. North and South (no not the Patrick Swayze version from the 80's but a BBC series)
  12. Love in a Cold Climate

So that's my Netflix queue. Very heavy on TV series, since they cost a fortune to buy. I'll probably end up renting Remington Steele, Season 1, just to drool over how good-looking Pierce Brosnon was when he was younger.

Question of the day, what's in your Netflix queue?

5 comments:

Karen Scott said...

Do you get Footballer's Wives over there? I love Monarch of The Glen, but I wonder how it translates over there in America?

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

BBC America has been showing the series, along with Monarch of the Glen. I personally love Monarch of the Glen, but then I've actually been to Scotland. I'm a total anglophile, so I've seen Richard Briers and Susan Hampshire in quite a few series that were shown on public television. We have National Tartan Day in New York, and this big event called Dressed to Kilt where celebrities like Alan Cumming and Alastair McKenzie model kilts.

MJFredrick said...

My Netflix queue is HUGE. Top ten:

War of the Worlds
Sky High
Amadeus
Fantastic Four
Cinderella Man
Kicking and Screaming
Tilt Disc 3
The Ring 2
Battlestar Galactica series (the new one)

MJFredrick said...

Oh, and Madagascar is sitting on the counter. Yes, I'm young at heart.

Marley Gibson said...

Entourage is excellent, although I much, much preferred season 1 over last season. The characters became too cocky and self confident this year for my taste with translated into them being unsympathetic. The best character on the whole show is Ari Gold, the agent, played by Jeremy Piven. Brilliant!