Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year!

Since this will be my last post of 2005, I thought I would write down what my New Year's resolutions are for 2006! I normally shy away from making New Year's resolutions, because I feel in a way I'm setting myself up for failure. But this year, I'm going to call them my New Year's goals, which sounds much more achievalbe you know?

So here goes:

1. Start excercising a bit more. I used to exercise like 4 days a week and now I'm down to 2, so I'd like to add one more day to my exercise routine.

2. Break my filthy Starbucks Chai Latte habit. Really is it necessary for me to spend $4.00 to drink tea?

3. Work on being a better writer. Starting with learning how to plot, write cliff-hanging chapter endings, and work on better characterizations.

4. Finish revising the romantic comedy I wrote at the beginning of the year.

5. Write at least two more books

6. Finish revising the YA that I wrote during NaNoWriMo.

7. Find a boyfriend/life partner. This should really be number one on my list, not number 7 but at least it's on the list this year.

8. Donate books and clothing to charity, and try to find time to volunteer. I used to work on Sundays at the soup kitchen at St. John the Divine. I need to get back to that and stop being so lazy.

9. Start querying agents again.

10. Work on being a more effective and compassionate president of RWA NYC.

11. Stop buying tabloid magazines and claiming that they're for research. They're not. Let's be honest, I buy them because I like reading them.

Well those are my New Year's resolutions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I keep at least 6 out of the ten.

What about y'all? What are your New Year's resolutions? And how do you feel about making them at all? Good, bad or indifferent?

3 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth!

Great goals! I think it's important that we feel we do our best work towards our goals for the New Year, even if we don't reach each of them. Good luck in 2006!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Oops--working towards our goals... ;D

MJFredrick said...

Good luck, Elizabeth!!! Ya know, if you had another transit strike, you wouldn't HAVE to exercise! I still can't get over the 100 blocks bit!