Monday, December 18, 2006

Black Monday

Amost twenty years ago, the stock market crashed on a Monday, sending it into a panic. Well today, I'm in a panic. I just discovered that payroll overpaid me for two weeks in November, because I put my hours in wrong in the system.

Now, what's funny about this, number 1, the system is supposed to check for errors, so that you can go back and fix things, and in this case it didn't. Number 2, the way they have us put in hours is complicated. You have what time you get in, and then your lunch period, and then it says out again. But that's not where you're supposed to put what time you leave, you put that in shift end, which is all the way down at the end of the row. Number 3, I had made this particular mistake before and was not overpaid. So clearly, someone was able to see looking the hours I put in that I didn't work 50 hours for the week, but 42. Number 4, since my boss is a complete incompetent when it comes to anything to do with the computer (he regularly asks me how to approve my time sheet, and the expense reports), it couldn't catch it.

So, I was overpaid, which means that they will probably take the money out of my next paycheck, despite the fact that I didn't get paid holiday pay for Columbus Day, which I have to have him mention.

Sorry this is a short blog, but I'm a little bit peeved and frustrated right now.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

Gulp - hope it all turns out okay!