Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Holiday Burnout

Sorry, I've been a horrible blogger over the past several days. I just haven't had any energy to blog. It seems like I've been fighting off a cold or the flu for weeks now. I've also been trying to finish my YA manuscript before the end of the year but it's been slow going the past two weeks. I'm nearing the finish line, but instead of speeding up, I'm slowing down! I have no idea why, but I think it has to do with Holiday burnout.

This is the time of year, when it seems like every night there's a holiday party, or something needs to be done. I've been sending out Christmas cards willy-nilly this year, as opposed to my Scrooge/Grinch like behavior of last year, when I didn't even bother to send anything out. Since I've been promoted at my night job, that means later hours for the moment, and less sleep. Plus, lots of presents to buy and send to friends and family.

Last night I had a meeting of the old and the new boards of our local chapter of RWA, where we brainstormed ways to make the chapter stronger. Much eating and drinking was involved in this venture.

I'm also still waiting to hear from one agent, who sent my partial to be read by another agent and a reader. And I also have to send the manuscript out to two more agents on my list as well.

I did manage to go see The Holiday over the weekend to cheer myself up. I was a little disappointed. It wasn't nearly as good as Something's Gotta Give of a few years ago. It was okay, but it seemed to be missing that essential something to make it a good romantic comedy. Although I must say, I finally get Jude Law's appeal in this movie. I've never been a huge Jude Law fan, I normally find him highly overrated, but that maybe because he's been in like every single movie in the past two years, so maybe I was just sick of him.

Kate Winslet was adorable playing an actual English person for a change, but I just couldn't warm to Cameron Diaz's character. She just annoyed me. I did like the subplot of Kate Winslet getting involved with Eli Wallach's character, a screenwriter from the Golden Age of Hollywood, and any film that has Rufus Sewell in it, I'll enjoy.

I guess I found everything to be a little too pat, and cute. Oh well! Right now, I can't wait to get home to listen to my new Taylor Hick's CD.

I know, I'm so uncool!

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: