Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bad, Bad, Blogger



I know I am a shameful blogger, but I have an excuse. I'm still busy editing the YA that the agent requested, so that I can email it to her assistant by next week, and it needs alot of work. Right now, I'm still working on the first 10 chapters, getting them so clean that you could eat off of them, or at least not spot the plot holes so much. I have a good feeling that I'm making the book stronger, and raising the stakes, but its going so sloooooooooooooooooooooow.





Plus, I opened the mailbox on Saturday to find one of those so-called 'good' rejection letters from an agent that chatted on one of the YA loops that I belong to. This one said that I had 'colorful characters' and that he enjoyed reading it and thought teens would really be interested in my take on the plot but didn't feel he was the right agent to represent it. All of which mystifies me. You liked the book, you think that teens will buy it, but you don't want to represent it. Okay.



I felt the way that Karina Smirnoff felt last night trying to teach Billy Ray Cyrus, the Paso Doble. She ended up crying in the bathroom, because he just wasn't getting it. That's kind of how I felt, my friends get the book, teens will like the book, but if I could only convince, a frickin agent of that.

Sigh! Well, I have more editing to do.

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

GAH! What a frustrating rejection! HUGS!