Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hot British Guys Volume 1

Well, I'm 99% done with the revisions on my YA. I still have one more chapter to rewrite, and then another read through before I sent it off to the two agents who want the full manuscript. And then I need to take a break from YA and work on the novella I want to submit to the Brava contest.

I've been reading other novellas just to get a sense of the format. I think no matter what happens, I'll have learned something from the experience. Convincing readers that two people are meant for each other in the space of 90 pages is a challenge that I'm actually looking forward to.

The chap on the left is Timothy Dalton, one of my first crushes. I first came upon Mr. Dalton while watching The Lion in Winter with Katherine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. If you haven't seen this film, rent it. It's brilliant, far superior to the remake with Glenn Close and Patrick Stewart. Timothy plays the young King of France. From my first sight of him, I was hooked, and I've been a fan ever since. I've some incredible crap just to see him, like the last film Mae West ever did which was one too many, Sextette. Oy! Don't ask.

Centennial, a miniseries where he played Joan Collins brother, and Scarlett where he was the only actor who could play Rhett Butler, if they couldn't dig Clark Gable up and reanimate him. He's my favorite Bond after Daniel Craig (sorry Sean). His were the first Bond films that I sat all the way through and could understand the plots. I was so jealous when I learned that Vanessa Redgrave was his girlfriend for a number of years. Sigh! Lucky bitch. He actually made me forget about Laurence Olivier as Heathcliff, and I adored his Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre.

And now he's in the new film Hot Fuzz! I had planned on seeing it anyway because it sounded like fun, but now I can go and bask in the still handsome features of Timothy Dalton. Dude looks fab for 61.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: