Thursday, April 05, 2007

Revisions Traumarama

Yikes, I just got an email from Important Agent's assistant asking for the full manuscript for my second YA, which is great, but I just re-read the thing, and I have a lot of work to do to whip it into shape before I can email it to her. The ending needs some work, I need to trim some other scenes, and totally rewrite others. All in about two weeks, because I don't want to let it go much longer than before I send it to her.

This is what happens when you finish the book, and start querying. I had gotten so many rejections on the partial, that I just stopped working on the revisions for awhile since no one seemed to want to read the full manuscript. Very poor choice on my part.

The good thing is that I totally know what needs to be done to hang the story together in such away as to have it make sense and move the story along. I love when that happens. Still it's going to mean that I can no longer take of weekends from writing.

But that's a good thing because I need to start working on my writing 7 days a week. It's too hard to take the weekend off, and then start again on Monday. It takes so long to get into the swing again. It's like when you don't exercise for a few days, and then you do a spurt of a few days in a row. Your body finally gets used to the feeling, and then you stop again. Writing is a muscle that needs to be exercised all the time. Even if it's just editing what I wrote during the weekend.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

Congratulations on the request, and good luck with the revisions!