Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down

It's not just raining cats and dogs here, but elephants, kangaroos, polar bears. I mean it's seriously pouring outside and has been all day. Yesterday was beautiful, the sun was out, we had tons of people at our April meeting, and not just because we had the lovely Leslie Wainger as our speaker. Several guests, and some members who hadn't been seen in awhile showed up. Primarily because it turned out that we were expecting a N'oreaster, which made me think of George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg in The Perfect Storm, and the Groton's fisherman who has forever been ruined by that awful Jennifer Love Hewitt film, I know What You Did Last Summer.

Afterward, a group of us went to a little tea place where we chatted for a little bit before I ran home to take a nap before my night job. Oh, and I also had a hissy fit in my accountants office when I realized that I was getting absolutely no money from the Federal Government and that I owed a huge amount to New York State because my old temp agency neglected to take out any city tax, and my night job apparently didn't take out enough state tax either. I'm so ticked off. Apparently, even though I made money as a writer, I had to say that I took a loss because my writing income was not on a 1099 but a W-2 form, even though my job title is freelance writer.
Also, I made too much money last year.

Then today while it was like Noah's Ark outside, I tried to watch the Christian Bale/Hugh Jackman film The Prestige, but it gave me a headache because it kept jumping back and forth in time etc. So I gave up about halfway through the film, which bothered me because usually I'll watch a film all the way through unless it's really awful, so I hated giving up on The Prestige.

On a lighter note, I set up a My Space page at www.myspace.com/elizabethkerrimahon so come on by and say hello!

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: