Thursday, October 18, 2007

I heart Target

So I'm perusing People magazine this morning online, discovering that David Hasselhoff has no sense of grammar, when I noticed that Hollywould now has a collection for Target.

If you don't know who Hollywould is, she's a high-end shoe designer along the lines of Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choo, but American and a woman. I've long coveted her shoes but even on sale, I can't afford them. But thanks to the gods at Target, I very much can.


The dress is by Alice Temperley for Target. She's also an expensive designer, whose clothes go for thousands at Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf's, but this dress cost me $49.99 not including shipping and handling (I ordered online since I knew my Target in Riverdale was not going to have it).


The shoes below are the Hollywould shoes that I ordered which I think will go very well with the Alice Temperley dress.
I just loved the cute little bow on the front. They also have a red pair that are peep toe that I might get to wear with a black dress or a gray skirt instead of black pumps.


It's not just clothes that I love buying at Target. They also have cosmetics from Boots in London, and now the Bliss Spa has a line of bath products at the store. I also bought my new answering machine/phone there and a combo alarm clock/radio/CD player for my bureau.



I don't think I've ever gone to Target without coming out with something, and half the time, I look longingly at the things I still want to buy, like these gorgeous red dishes that I saw. And some absolutely stunning bedding that I want to get. Not to mention microwaves, and a great red tea pot (as you can see I have a thing for red).


Having a Target so close to my house by subway (it's just 6 stops on the 9 train, takes about 20 minutes to get there) is seriously going to wreck havoc on my bank balance.

But it's just so addictive. I mean look at this sweet little bag that I bought to replace my Isaac Mizarahi one (also from Target). How could I resist when it was only $29.99?

Do you shop at Target? What was the best thing that you bought there?












2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I spend WAY too much at Target, but I don't buy many clothes there since I've gained weight. I love their home decor, though.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Don't they have great stuff, Shabby Chic, Isaac Mizarhi, all those lovely dishes. Who needs Pottery Barn!