Monday, October 29, 2007

This is your brain without sleep!


This is exactly what I wish I could be doing right now. I didn't get home from work until 3 a.m. and I've had about 4 hours of sleep and I'm dragging. If only I lived in Spain where I could be having a siesta right now. Instead I'm here at work making notes on the book I hope to write during NaNoWriMo in a few days.
So far, the plotting and the characters are coming together nicely. I had planned on working on my YA partial that I started back in May, but these characters just came to be, begging for their story to be told, ever since I saw this final scene on "I Wanna Be a Soap Star."
Yes, the premise of my new novel was inspired by a reality TV show. And aspects of my own life. Yet, I already know these characters intimately and the scenes that I want to write and the parts of the city where my characters live. In some ways, this book is going to be a valentine to New York City in the fall, and how magical it can be.
But right now, I just want to put my head down on the desk and nap.
Thanks for reading,
EKM

No comments: