Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Gerard Butler

Happy Birthday to the hottest Phantom of the Opera in history, Gerard Butler. He's 39 years young, and smoking. He even made Hilary Swank tolerable in P.S. I Love You! That's a miracle, let me tell you. And one of many reasons to visit Glasgow. Seriously, if I could find a guy half as hot as he is, I would be a happy girl.

Some fun facts about Gerard courtesy of People Magazine:


1. When he first read the script for Phantom of the Opera, Gerard Butler cried. "I was wiping the tears off," he told reporters in 2003. "It really touched me in an incredible way."


2. For 300, Gerard Butler was completely clean-shaven for his tiny loincloth. "I only did that because I was told to! Manscaping and all of that is not my thing. I'm more of the Clint Eastwood kind of guy," he told PEOPLE.

3. Gerard Butler's best move on women is the pickup line, "Have you seen 300?"


4. When Gerard Butler was featured in PEOPLE's 2004 Sexiest Man Alive issue, he said of the honor: "When I'm 80 and sagging all over, I can tell my grandkids, 'Look, when I was a lad, PEOPLE magazine thought I was sexy!'"

5. Gerard Butler regrets wearing "really wide-flared pants" and "trousers that zip up the side" in his youth. "I've made some gross misjudgments," he told In Style of his fashion don'ts.

Sigh, now I'm going to have to listen to the soundtrack of Phantom when I get home tonight.

No comments: