Monday, February 13, 2006

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow



So we had record snowfall this weekend in the Northeast and the city pretty ground to a standstill yesterday. Me, I got up in the morning, put on my snow boots and headed off to my exercise class. The snow was so pretty out when I went outside. Just pristine, like someone had upended a giant jar of marshmallow fluff across the city. Just huge piles of fluffy snow.

I went to school in upstate New York for 2 1/2 years (spent one semester in London) and yesterday was pretty much an everday occurrence from October through April. No matter how much snow fell, you went to class. There were no snow days in Syracuse for us college students. You just strapped on your snow shoes, Timberlands, and headed off to class.


Aren't the puppies cute with their sweaters and snow booties on? The best yesterday was watching this guy try to move his car without scraping any of the snow off the top. He just kept gunning the ignition while he tried to maneuver his car out of the tight space it was in.

People get so funny in New York when it snows. I ran into my neighbor across the hall Friday night, and he was stocking up on provisions like he was expecting Armageddon instead of a few inches of snow. Okay, alot of snow but still.

I stayed home yesterday for most of the day, only venturing out for dinner and water. Watched a fantastic night of television, Desperate Housewives followed by the best show on TV, Grey's Anatomy. What I love about Grey's Anatomy is how they manage to combine the drama with the comedy. There's Meredith with her hand on live ammunition, asking Christina to talk to her, because a) she's freaking out, and b) she really has to pee. And then the last scene where Derek aka Dr. McDreamy tells Meredith about the last time they kissed. My heart melted.

Oh, I also discovered a new tv show on the History Channel called Digging for Truth, starring a hottie named Josh Bernstein, who's sort of a Jewish Indiana Jones. The program was on Stonehenge, the origins and what it might have been used for. Very intersting. Great to see a show that had nothing to do with Hitler, although they made up for that with a show on Hitler's family.

But the best news of all was I picked up Evelyn Vaughn's newest Bombshell, Something Wicked which I'm currently reading.

Sweet!

Keep warm and stay dry,

Elizabeth

No comments: