Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Shot Seen Round the World

Has Brittney lost her damn mind? That's what I want to know. First she marries some guy she grew up with for like 2 days, and then she marries another guy that any woman worth her salt would have told her was trouble.

Next thing you know she's walking into public restrooms in bare feet. And now she's seen driving with her four month old baby on her lap.

Her defense? 'To protect him from the paparazzi'. Um, Brittney, how is holding him on your lap instead of in his car seat going to help him if you're cut off by some photographer?

I don't care if your bodyguard is in the seat next to you. They invented car seats for a reason. Use one.

She says that she loves her baby, and would never do anything to harm him. I'm sure that's true, but I don't care if you're just going to the corner store to buy more pork rinds, the baby should be in his car seat. If you're worried about him, you can have the bodyguard sit in the back with him, or better yet, let him drive, while you sit in the back with your child.

Apparently, she's now under investigation for child endangerment, just like anyone who was seen driving with a baby on their lap.

I sincerely hope actions are taken, and that Brittney learns that just because you're a celebrity, you aren't above the law when it comes to children.

2 comments:

Josie said...

When I saw that picture, it made me so darn angry! I hope they fry her butt for that little stunt. Mothers are supposed to do everything in their power to protect their children! I would say fathers as well, but in this case (knowing the father...)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Reminds me of the song, "Baby you can drive mah car! Yes I'm gonna be a star"

Who sings that anyway?