Monday, August 06, 2007

I Heart Anthony Bourdain!



I had planned on focusing my blog this week on writing, but I'm kind of still upset today about a certain matter, and I'm torn about whether or not I should blog about it. It concerns author etiquette. So in the meantime I thought I would blog about something that makes me happy and that's Anthony Bourdain. Although I don't watch his show on the Travel Channel "No Reservations" since my freind Marley told me that he stalked and barbecued a zebra on a recent episode.

Ah Chef Bourdain, even though you despise vegetarians or vegequarians like myself, I still can't quit you. Your funny and slightly nasty blog posts on Bravo TV in place of Tom Colicchio the past few weeks has made my day. I particularly loved your recent blog on Rocco DiSpirito and the recent frozen food challenge. Even though I disagree totally with your disdain for the challenge, I did love your comments about the contestants and the big lug Rocco himself.

I hope they bring you back as a guest judge, and I think that they should give you your own blog on Bravotv.com. Who needs to hear from Marcel or Sam for that matter (Just kidding Sam, I still love you)? Your wealth of experience and knowledge should be shared with as many people as possible.

You are a man who is not afraid to speak his mind, but you are also intelligent, and funny as heck. And you've traveled enough and have such a vast food knowledge that it's hard to argue with you, although when Howie threw your own words back at you, you were man enough not to pound him. You are a man who is passionate about food, so I've even forgiven you for dating Page Six columnist Paula Froelich. Clearly even a great man like yourself can make mistakes.

Ah Chef Bourdain, I would love to cook a delicious vegetarian meal for you so that you would see that vegetarian food doesn't mean bland or boring. Or check out the Green Zebra in Chicago if you don't believe me.

Anyway, you are still tops with me, and my number 1 dinner guest at my fantasy dinner party.

EKM

No comments: