Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Heart Ted Allen!

This is my new boyfriend Ted Allen. Now I know what you're thinking, Ted doesn't play for my team. No matter, he's my new gay boyfriend. Every woman should have one, Kathy Griffin has several. I want Ted Allen to be mine (no offense, Chip, you know I still love you!).




Oh, Ted, you were the diamond of the Queer Eye Guys, the one that shined the brightest. No matter how silly Jai or Carson got, you still kept things moving along. I bought my first bottle of Chateau St. Michelle Reisling because of you, a wine I still drink today.




I had the good fortune of meeting you three years ago in London just after my birthday (it was a big one) at the Century Club on Shaftesbury Avenue. You were so polite even after I helped myself to the rest of your glass of champagne just before you were leaving. My only regret is that I didn't keep that glass and sell it on Ebay. I could have made a good sum of money. Not as much as the Barry Bonds baseball will fetch or the piece of French Toast that Justin Timberlake took a bite out of, plus close.




How I long to be invited to a dinner party at your house in Brooklyn, where you cook a lovely meal with a great entree for us non-meat eaters to enjoy. And now you're on Top Chef when Gail Simmons is not available. Thanks to the good people at Blogging Top Chef who circulated a petition to bring you back after your successful earlier appearances on the show. Plus you have a show on wine on PBS.


It's a veritable Ted Allen mania!



Oh, Ted, you complete me.



EKM

1 comment:

glhr said...

If you are a Ted Allen fan, there is a (free!) online live event hosted by the PAM Professional Hot Spot featuring him next week. Details below!

Register now for the upcoming live event on Tuesday, January 15, 7pm EST online with special guest and celebrity culinary expert, Ted Allen. Learn some of Ted’s favorite entertaining tips and chat with him live! Ted will be showcasing a select entry from a lucky online audience member, so be sure to send him your tales and tips from the kitchen! To join, register at : PamProfessionalHotSpot.com and click on "Live Events." Contact info@PAMProfessionalHotSpot.com with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the event!