Sunday, June 01, 2008

Things I Would Never Have Believed

Remember that show from the early 80's called That's Incredible? Starring John Davidson, Fran Tarkenton, and Cathy Lee Crosby, who I always get confused with Cathy Rigby and Kathy Lee Gifford? The one where they had all those people who could do interesting and incredible things?

Well I was thinking about that show when I heard that Clay Aiken is going to be a daddy! Yup, that's what I said. Apparently the mother is Jaymes Foster, the sister of record producer David Foster. The blessed event has been produced via the wonders of artificial insemination. Ah modern medicine.

Here's my question though, was David Crosby not available?

Seriously, it was a very generous thing for Clay Aiken to do. The article in Newsday stated that he and Ms. Foster have been friends since his season of American Idol. Like her brother, she is also a record producer, having worked on Clay's third and fourth albums. I guess her biological clock was ticking but it might have been a good idea not to wait until the age of 50 to try and have a baby.

Okay, I'm impressed that she actually managed to get pregnant at the age of 50. It gives me hope that although I'm 43, I can still have a baby. However, I will not be asking Clay Aiken to be the father. What do you want to bet, that some of his Claymate fans are going to be wanting to get some of that? Maybe he can bottle it and sell it on Ebay? Just kidding!

Still it was pretty shocking news. I almost fell over because I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of him having sex with someone. I was relieved when I found out that it was artificial insemination. Frankly I don't care if he's gay or straight, but the idea of him having sex with anyone is kind of weird. He just seems asexual. In fact he's gone on record as saying that he has no interest in having sex. Really.

Which is kind of amazing for a man to say. It might actually be something that could go into the Guinness Book of World Records.

No comments: