Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Update

So yesterday was Father's Day and since my dad passed away 8 years ago, instead of being sad, I decided to cheer myself up by going to see Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Granted it was an unusual choice of movie for Father's Day, and not necessarily my father's type of humor but it was mindless, politically incorrect and funny and that's what I was looking for.

I'd already had my intellectual fix for the weekend by going to see a roundtable on pyschology and architecture at The Philoctetes Center. I won't bore you with too many details, just that there was a lot of talk about how architecture can shape one pyschologically in terms of where even the architecture of a room in terms of how the furniture is placed. Sort of like the principles of feng shui, where everything in the room has a place to create balance.

I've also learned that I have a great deal to learn about relationships, and that I have to learn to stop taking things so personally, which is really hard for me to do for many reasons. I've always been thin-skinned, and while it's not as bad as it once was, I still let things bother me that shouldn't. But still, if someone walks away from you while you are talking to them, isn't that rude? Or is it just me?

The weather turned on us this weekend a little with scattered thunderstorms, and now its a lot cooler here in New York. Watched the Tony Awards last night and I have just one question, what is Adam Durwitz of the Counting Crows deal? Is he black is he Jewish? I am confused. Loved Whoopi though.

Stay cool!

EKM

No comments: