Friday, September 12, 2008

From the "What Are They Thinking?" File


This was from People.com yesterday:

"She's already a reality star and a fashion designer, but Lauren Conrad is adding another title to her crowded resume: Author. Conrad, 22, has signed on to write a three-book series of young adult fiction for HarperCollins, the publisher tells PEOPLE. The books – the first of which is scheduled to hit shelves in the summer of 2009 – will be loosely inspired by Conrad's own experience going from an ordinary teen to a reality TV star. "It's definitely influenced by my own life," Conrad tells PEOPLE.

"The books are about a girl who moves to L.A. and stars in a reality show, so obviously there are some similarities." So will Hills costars like Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt or Brody Jenner wind up as in Conrad's series? Not exactly. "I'm not trying to do a fictional story based on all my friends in my real life because their stories aren't really mine to tell," says Conrad, who has gone through many dramas on her MTV show. "Some of the characters may symbolize people in my life, but it is in no way calling anyone out."

Conrad's best gal pal and The Hills costar Lauren Bosworth has already been offering advice. "I run ideas by Lo and I'll ask for her opinion because I value my friends' opinions," says the budding author, who has completed the outline for the first book. But not everyone in Conrad's life has been clued in to her plans to pen a series. "Honestly I haven't told everyone," she admits. "I've told my best friends and they have all been really supportive. Nobody was worried."

Great, just what we need, Lauren Conrad writing books. Aren't her 15 minutes of fame over yet? It's not that I dislike LC, I think out of the lot of them on The Hills, she's actually the most normal but still. Two reality TV shows, and she not only has a her own fashion line, a deal with Mark Cosmetics, but now a publishing deal?

Remember when people actually had to go to college and struggled before they had success?

No comments: