Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thieves in the Daylight


So yesterday I was feeling a little emotionally fragile after I had my delusions/ilusions cruelly shattered at the book party at the Museum of Sex for Francis Levy's book Erotomania: A Romance (a great party by the way. The Museum of Sex was the perfect venue although I now know more than I ever wanted to know about the sex life of animals!). Media Bistro called it the "Sexiest Book Party Ever!

We had lunch catered because of all the banking disasters the past few days, so I went in search of comfort food. I loaded up a dessert plate with two little brownies which I had planned on enjoying as sort of afternoon snack (I like to savor my food instead of scarfing it down). Well guess what? After I returned to my desk from the ladies room, I discovered some motherchucker had violated the sanctity of my desk and stolen my effing brownie!

Seriously! That's like stealing food from an injured animal. You just don't do that.

The alleged culprit, who sits behind me, actually had the nerve to tell me that what did I expect leaving a brownie on my desk?

Hello! It's MY desk!

Never take food away from an emotionally fragile woman or there will be hell to pay!

No comments: