Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Independence Day Weekend!

Happy July, and Happy 4th of July. This is going to be a short blog since I'm leaving early for the holiday weekend.

Just a few thoughts. Congratulations to Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck for quietly getting married and sparing us all a huge overblown wedding along with the accompanying TV special. Boo to the Hermes store in Paris for turning away Oprah Winfrey. Hello, she's OPRAH WINFREY! The woman who can get everyone in American saving their pennies for a Birkin bag. People are crying racism, but I'm just wondering if it's just that they're French. They pretty much hate everyone who isn't, well, French.

I got paid yesterday. Woo-hoo! Now my bank balance no longer reads 'insufficient funds.'

Forgot to mention in my earlier blog, the erotic Vampire romances of Angela Knight. They're sizzling! Just right for a sultry summer night.

Friday's Quiz is:



Your Summer Anthem is Best Of You by the Foo Fighters

I've got another confession my friend
I'm no fool
I'm getting tired of starting again
Somewhere new


While you may seem bright on the outside, your insides have a distinct angst flavor.

5 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Have a good holiday weekend, Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

Have fun, Elizabeth :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I have to weigh in that, very simply...the Hermes store was closed. So what that she's Oprah? The store had a private event they were closed for and so what...an American billionaire couldn't get into a high couture store in Paris? Wow...things are tough all over. *eg*

I wish *I* had Oprah's problems.

= )

Anonymous said...

My summer anthem is Holiday by Green Day.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Marley, I guess the problem is, the store keeps changing it's story. First it was closed for a private event, and then it was just closed. Oprah mentioned that there were still customers shopping in the store, and she already knew what she wanted to buy. It wouldn't have killed them to open the store for her.