Ms. Vanessa Virtue has tagged me, so here goes:
1. Myself: I'm an intense person which not everyone gets (I'm a Scorpio), I only really lighten up once you get to know me. As I get older, I'm more confident, and a little more outgoing. I do wonder if Mr. Right is out there. And if he is, where the hell is he? I'm been dating since I was fifteen, and I'm tired already (to quote Charlotte from Sex and the City). I worry that when he comes, I won't have room in my life for him, I'll be too content and settled with my life. I'm a control freak. I'm good friend, loyal to a fault, willing to give the shirt off back or a kidney if required (although I don't have health insurance so that could be tricky). I alternate between being happy and getting a little down sometimes, but don't we all.
2. Wisdom: Wisdom comes with age...they say. The things I thought I cared about when I was younger...Geez Louise I was such a drama queen! I know so much more now. I'm 40, and I care less about what other people think than I did when I was younger. I'm still trying to get over that whole people pleasing thing.
3. Regrets: I have some regrets. I regret not transferring to a different school instead of being miserable at Syracuse. I regret not going back to London after my mother died. I regret that year I spent sooooo much money on a summer share in the Hamptons. I regret buying that $500 Dolce and Gabbana purple boucle suit that was half-price at Loehmann's that I wore twice and is now too big for me. I regret that I never slept with Bill Clinton.
4. Family: I'm an orphan. My mother died when I was 24, and my father passed away 5 years ago. My oldest brother who was 26 years my senior (from my Mom's previous marriage) died two years ago. So it's just me and my older sister, and my neice and her kids in my immediate family. I don't count my pond scum other brother.
5. Films: I guess my favorite movies of all time are: Gone With the Wind, French Kiss, The Godfather, The Lion in Winter (Love Timothy Dalton) and Love Actually (Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, and Colin Firth all in one movie), A room with a view, Persuasion, Emma (the Gwyneth Paltrow version), Sense and Sensibility, Moulin Rouge, and All About Eve.
6. Faith: Raised Episcopalian, but consider myself to be a Pagan Judeo-Christian. Hey, Jesus was a Jew! Interested in learning about other religions. Islam, Buddha, Wicca.
7. Blogging: Can't get enough of it! Every day I find new and interesting blogs to read, and I'm constantly thinking of what I want to write about (even when I cheat like today!)
8. Words: It's one of the reasons why I write. I love learning the meaning of words, how words are expressed in different languages. jWords comfort me, they can also torment, hurt. Do you know the french have like 50 words or something for fear?
9. Friends: My friends are the greatest! I couldn't get through my life without them. Not just my oldest and best friends in the world, but my London friends, my RWA NYC friends, my Chick-lit chapter friends, my ex-sweetie pie who I'm lucky enough to still be friends with. I've never been one to have a lot of friends, just several really good close ones that I know I can count on in a pinch.
10. Ideas: Oh, I'm full of them. Sometimes I have too many ideas. I'm constantly writing things down, little ideas that could turn into full blown plots once I have the time to sit down and really work on them. I have to turn my brain off sometimes, otherwise I'd never get anything done.
Time to tag the next person to answer. I choose to tag...Bonnie Ferguson. You're it!