Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Numbers Game

Yesterday I was watching Tony Danza which I never do, chiefly because I liked Wayne Brady, and I don't understand why his show was cancelled particularly after he won several Emmy's but I digress. Anyway, this numerologist named Glynis was on the show. FYI, although I do have an astrologer that I go to every year, and I've often had my tarot cards read, I've never been much for numerology, maybe because it reeked too much of math for me.

However, I found it fascinating when she was talking about TomKat. According to her, they are a perfect match because they are both 1's. What that means is that if you had up their birthdates, including the year, they are no. 1's. According to Glynis this means they are perfect for each other. Apparently, Penelope and Nicole were toxic for him (Funny, I thought it was just that they were more talented then him).

So today, I checked out her website. After adding up my birthdate, it turns out that I'm a 6 for lifepath.

"SIXES are nurturers. If men, they rescue damsels in distress. If women, they mother the "little boy" in their men. They should manage or run the company. If every thing is going smoothly, they must be careful not to ruin it. They tend to put people on pedestals which then topple. Magnetic. People are drawn to them. Their moods affect the room."

Well that's true. I tend to mother my friends and ex-sweetie pie. I am president of RWA NYC so that fits the manage or run a company. I don't know about the whole pedestal thing. I do know that my mood can affect the room, I've been told that before.

My attitude number (which I think is like your rising sign) is the number 4:

The 4 Attitude is a list keeper. They can be very quiet; you don't know what they're thinking. They're keeping track of all that's happening. You might find them surrounded by nature, or doing any form of repair, or construction. The 4 Attitude teaches all of us. They become an expert at their skill and teach us how to do it. They definitely will play devil's advocate: they make you see all sides. That's their Attitude Number.

Hmm! I am a list maker. It's true that I can be very quiet until I get to know people. I've been called enigmatic before. I have been a teacher, and I have played Devil's advocate before. I have Libra rising so I'm able to see both sides of the equation. So far so good.

Apparently, she can also teach you how to find your soulmate, or a compatible number to yours. Supposedly, you ask them for their birthdate, do the math, and then if their number is not compatible, you dump them. Ouch! Well, I guess it beats being in an unsuitable relationship, but it can't just be as easy as finding a compatible number.

For the bargain basement price of $18.95 you can have a personal reading with Glynis. Of course, I could always take her book out of the library, read it myself, and save myself almost $20.00, which I could pay my phone bill with.

The question for the day, have you ever had your horoscope done? do your read your horoscope? Or your numbers etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one horoscope I read regularly but I take it with a grain of salt i.e. it's for fun. I have figured out my numbers in the past from info I found on the net but I haven't gone to someone to get those things done.

Anonymous said...

That sounds fascinating, E! Very interesting. I have to admit to being a tiny bit addicted to http://www.tarot.com and checking my daily readings on days when I feel I really need it. I'd love to find out what "number" I am. Can you share the URL?

Anonymous said...

Oh! And I TOTALLY agree with you about Wayne Brady. The guy's got talent ooozing out of his ears. Makes no sense why Tony Danza's on and Wayne's not.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

That is so funny you asked. I'll read my horoscope if I come across it, which I did, and blogged about it recently. LOL! I've never followed the numbers thing either, though. I'd rather have someone just tell me instead of figuring it all out myself. Call me lazy!

Gabrielle said...

Hey, what's the numerologist's website?? I'd love to check it out. All I know is that I'm a number 1--but I DO NOT think Tom would be perfect for me, or vice versa--I think we'd kill each other ;-) I haven't had my full chart done but I've had an astrologist drool over doing it because I was born 3/3/66 at 3pm and that's supposed to mean . . . something!