Friday, August 26, 2005

Things I'm grateful for

Since yesterday, I blogged about what a crappy time I've been having, I thought that today, I would list the things that I am grateful for.

1. I'm grateful for my parents. Although they are no longer with me, I still believe that I feel their presence, and that they protect me, sort of guardian angels. They weren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they gave me much love and a great deal of encouragement. They believed that I could do or be anything that I wanted to be.

2. I'm grateful that I have a place to live, a roof over my head, that I can still afford. Another legacy from my parents.

3. I'm grateful to my friends, both past and present. For putting up me with in all my moods, for being their for me, for teaching me how to be a friend. Even those friends who are no longer in my life, for whatever reason, still taught be a valuable lesson.

4. I'm grateful for the NYPL for having computers that I can use on a daily basis, to send out resumes, read my email, and to update this blog. Also, for allowing me the opportunity to read as much as I want without breaking the bank, and also for the DVD and video collection that keeps me entertained catching up on all the blockbusters that I refused to spend $10.50 for.

5. I'm grateful to my chapter for electing me President. Although I may bitch and moan and complain sometimes, I'm grateful for their support and their faith in me. And also their friendship.

6. I'm grateful that I live in one of the greatest cities in the world. Yes, it's expensive, yes, Times Square has turned into Disneyland, but I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world (apart from London). Just the sheer madness of the city keeps me alive and kicking.

7. I'm grateful to all the men that I have loved in my life, from my first boyfriend to the last great love of my life (thus far) for helping me to become the woman that I am.

8. I'm grateful (knock on wood) that I have never had a serious accident, that I have never had a life threatening disease, that I've never broken any bones or needed to spend anytime in the hospital as a patient since the day I was born.

9. I'm grateful for unemployment insurance.

10. Most of all I'm grateful for being alive.

1 comment:

Marley Gibson said...

Just wanted to give you a big cyber hug!!!!

Marley = )