Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another bites the dust


Well, it's the third day of the New Year, and already I've had a rejection from an agent that I had queried way back in April and the NEC conference. In fact, I had emailed her my partial twice, and it somehow seemed to have disappeared into that nether region where lost socks go in the dryer, and emails get sucked into. So I emailed her again for the third time back in October, and this time I got a response, so I emailed her the revised partial (third time!), and finally got a rejection today.

The good news? She said that I had a great voice. The bad news? she didn't "fall in love" with my story. Part of me wishes that she could have been specific about what she didn't love, just so I have some idea, instead of just the generalized comment.

Picture of me ripping my hair out in frustration!

Oh well. There are still three agents who have the partial, and I have about 5 more agents to send the partial out to. I'm not ready to give up on this book or this series.

I know that I have a great marketable idea, and that if an agent will just sign me, we can work on it to make it even more marketable to sell. I'm just a little tired of banging my head against the wall.

The upside is that I actually managed to write 5 1/2 halfway decent pages today, which is the first writing I've done since before Christmas. So at least it lit a slow burning flame under me.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

Hugs on the R, but WTG on the 5 1/2 pages!