Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My new fake boyfriend


This is Josh Bernstein, my new fake boyfriend, and the host of the History Channel's riveting series, "Digging for the Truth." Think Indiana Jones for the 21st century. Sigh!
JB (as I like to call him) is a graduate of Cornell with a degree in philosophy and anthropology, so he's tres smart as well as cute. He currently is the CEO for BOSS (the Boulder Outdoor Survival School), the first place that I would go if I were thinking of applying for Survivor. Seriously, why apply for a show where you have to sleep in the same clothes for 40 days if you don't know if you can hack it?
JB is 7 years younger than me. He'll be 36 on February 24, making him a Pisces with an Aquarius moon. Perfect for little ole me, who has a Libra Moon. He also has a fraternal twin brother Andrew who also owns a company called Mental Yoga which teaches those who work in the corporate world how to handle stress better. So not only are they cute but they are also entrepreneurial as well.
The only problem with JB is that he is a total outdoorsy kind of guy and I'm a Bloomingdale's camper. Seriously, going to the bathroom out in the woods does not thrill me. I enjoy hiking as long as I can end my hike with a nice glass of pinot grigio and a warm, bubble bath. Now exploring ancient cults and myths I can get into.
My JB is a total alpha male with a beta soul. Seriously he looks rugged but he's got that Tom Selleck voice working for him. You know how Tom Selleck is all rugged and manly, and than he opens his mouth and ruins it? Well that's JB, but I adore him anyway. I don't get to see much of him since he's off filming "Digging for the Truth" but I get to go visit him on location. Of course, I try and get him to book us a nice hotel, and not sleep in a caravan.
He's also written a book about his adventures, and the series is now available on DVD for those who want to experience my JB vicariously while I enjoy him in the flesh. I've promised him that I would write a nice romance adventure book starring the two of us someday.
Well, I'm off to watch Monday's episode again. He's searching for the Lost Civilization of Atlantis and he looks so cute while doing it. I think it's the fedora!
Thanks for reading,
EKM

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I haven't seem this show yet! But he sounds great!