Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Spinning on the Merrygo Round

Well, I've just received two more rejections on my YA manuscript. Actually one rejection was for the partials of both my YA manuscripts, so actually I think that makes three. The second rejection actually had some good comments, but it was still a rejection. I'm trying not to be depressed about. I keep remembering that Meg Cabot said that she had a mailbag full of rejections for her books before she finally signed with an agent.

I'm not quite at a mailbag but I've gotten enough to fill a small box. So instead of being depressed and diving into a bar of chocolate or a bottle of champagne, I'm trying to be pro-active. I'm sending out 3 partials to agents, one who had actually requested my first YA but wanted an exclusive, and I've emailed queries to 5 other agents.

Still it's disheartening to still be getting 'good rejection' letters. I'm ready to move on to the, 'love it, let's talk' stage of the game.

I also need to move on and start focusing on a new project, the trilogy that I've been wanting to write. I have the first book almost outlined, and I just need to do some research on the rest. So if you know anyone who's been through basic training in the army, let me know!

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} Elizabeth! Hope you find a project to excite you soon!