Saturday, January 27, 2007

Break Up Mix 2007

I've been working long hours at my night job (last night I didn't get home until 3:40 a.m.), so I've decided to get an Ipod. Yes, I don't have one yet. I'm always like 2 or 3 years behind when it comes to technology. I mean, I just got a cellphone a year ago. Now of course they have the little thin iPod Nano, which comes in red, my favorite color and $10 from each purchase goes to end hunger in Africa, so of course I have to buy one. It's a moral imperative, I'm helping to save the world!

So, I've been thinking about what I'm going to put on said iPod since I have about 1,000 songs on this thing. Apart from the usual suspects (U2, Madonna), I've decided to put on it my Break Up Mix 2007. Here is my list of Break Up Songs that I've planning on downloading.

1. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (a classic and something of a cliche now but it works)

2. Stronger - Britney Spears (Girl should listen to her own music)

3. Keep Me Hanging On - Kim Wilde (Much better for grrl power than the Supremes version)

4. Treat Me Right - Pat Benatar

5. Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar

6. Fire and Ice - Pat Benatar

7. What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake

8. Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake

9. Bye, Bye, Bye - NYSNC

10. These Boots Are Made for Walkin - Nancy Sinatra (Please God not the Jessica Simpson version)

11. Misunderstood - Robbie Williams

12. My Love Don't Cost a Thing - JLo

13. Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks (Not really a break up song per se but I like the lyrics)

14. Nothing Compares to U - Sinead Cusack

15. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette (another cliche, but still effective)

16. It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want to: Leslie Gore

17. You Don't Own Me - Leslie Gore

18. Do It Right - Nellie Furtado

19. Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word - Elton John

20. MacArthur Park - Donna Summer (This song makes absolutely no sense but something about it appeals to me during a break-up).

Well, that's it for me. For all the singletons out there, what do you listen to after a break up?

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Many moons ago, I experienced the ending of a relationship and found great comfort in Roseanne Cash's "The Wheel". Lyrics from the title track:

How long was I asleep?
When did we plan to meet?
Have you been waiting long for me?
When did the sky turn black?
Do you still want me back?
I'll pick it all up piece by piece.

And the wheel goes round and round
And the flame in our souls, It will never burn out
And the wheel goes round and round

I am a river with a voice
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that feels
You are a messenger from God
You are the angel I forgot
And none can say it isn't real
I'm not looking for your answers
Oh, darlin', don't you see
That just to know the question
Is good enough for me
Take up the hearts you came to heal
Put down your dagger and your shield
You need hide nothing now from me
I see the essence of the man
I stand before you as a friend
The truth moves through us
Even when we sleep