Sunday, March 18, 2007

Partying like it's 1969!

Hey, I can't believe it's Sunday already, and I have to go to work tomorrow! Where did the weekend go?

I worked Friday night at my night job until the ungodly hour of 3:30 a.m. Yes, you heard me, 3:30. By the time I got home, it was 4, and by the time I was ready to sleep it was almost 5 a.m. which meant that I didn't get up until almost 1:30 in the afternoon. I couldn't believe that I slept that long but clearly I was tired. But that meant that I spent the rest of the day scrambling to run errands before my nighttime activities.

Library books had to be returned (and a new library card gotten. I lost mine by leaving it in the self-service check out machines at one of the main branches), laundry picked up, food eaten, and an appropriate outfit purchased. Because you see, I was going out dancing Saturday night. And not to just any old club like Marquee or Butter where celebrities hang out, but to Subway Soul.

Subway Soul is a groovy dance party that plays music only from the 60's. And not just any music, they play Motown and Northern Soul. The venue is in the East Vilage on E. 11th Street. The dance party is only on the 3rd Saturday of every month. We had the best time. My friend and I got there at 11 p.m. and they almost didn't let us in because we didn't have I.D. Both of us couldn't believe that the bouncer wasn't going to let us in. I mean we look good for our age, but we clearly look like we're over 21!

I wore a new dress that I bought at Macy's which looked vaguely like Pucci. We danced for like two hours before we finally called it quits, and only because the dance floor was getting really crowded. The drinks were cheap, and there were tons of cute guys there, and dancing. Truly awesome.

So today, I'm wiped. I watched the first two episodes of the BBC Robin Hood which is way cool, and then Giada's Weekend Adventures where she visits Charleston. Now I'm at work, writing Hybrid Ads until the wee hours of the morning.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: