Wednesday, March 14, 2007

She's Here!



Yes, the new Buffy comic arrives today! Guess who'll be hitting midtown comics to grab an issue at lunch time? That would be me folks. I've been waiting for this first issue ever since it was announced way back in October that Joss Whedon was working with Dark Horse Comics to create what would have been the 8th Season of Buffy if the show had continued.

I've missed Buffy. Other shows have come along that have become Must-see TV for me like Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty, but Buffy will always have a special place in my heart. I didn't become a Buffy fan until way into the first season, but was I saw that first episode, I couldn't wait for the next week.

I'm firmly in the Spike camp on who I would have preferred to see Buffy with. Maybe because she changed his life. Their story was the classic bad boy falls in love with good girl, and wants to change to win her. In Spike's case that was getting his soul back.

Now, not only do I have the Buffy comic to look forward to each month, but also the Buffy Sing-Alongs, this generation's answer to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Buffy Sings is the web-site, if you want to see if it's coming to your town. 'Once More With Feeling' was the musical episode of Buffy, and Buffy Sings in the audience participation event that is sweeping the nation. Even Joss Whedon is amazed, and frankly a little creeped out by it.

I went a month ago to the IFC here in Greenwich Village to see it, and I had the best time. If you love Buffy, it's something that you should experience.

As for me, excuse while I sneak off to get my copy of Buffy 8.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

I ordered the first three comics, as well as the Supernatural comic.

Buffy Sings, huh?