Monday, March 05, 2007

This and That

Nothing much going on here, just revising and doing some character work on my next YA novel. Can I just say that I am totally in love with my DVR? I can't believe that it took me so long to get one! The ease of which I can just go to the guide and set things to tape, just by clicking select. But the best thing, is that not only can I tape something on another channel, while I'm watching something else, but I can also tape two shows that are on at the same time? How cool is that?

The only thing that would make my life better is if I had BBC America. I thought I had it, but then it went away, so now my goal is to get upgraded so that I can watch the new Robin Hood which looks totally cool. I've always loved the story of Robin Hood and Maid Marian. One of the first computer games that I ever played was a Robin Hood game.

Oh, and in celebrity excess du jour, Kanye West just spent $4,000 to get Indian food sent from Wales! Like there are no good Indian restaurants in either New York or Chicago! I'm sure that in a way, Mr. West is contributing to the economy of Wales by spending this money, but sometimes I think celebrities just do stuff like this, just because they can.

Hey, Disney, in their quest for world domination, has just started a new travel company (or maybe it's old I don't know) called Adventures by Disney. If I hadn't had to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, I would never have know of it, but it looks pretty cool, and it's a way from them to get more dollars from people who are bored going to the theme parks.

Oh, and on General Hospital, I'd like to know how a six-month pregnant woman never had to pee while being held hostage for over 12 hours. I mean if Julia Roberts, who is only like five months pregnant, had to pee twice during Oprah's Oscar special, I can't believe Elizabeth Webber didn't have to go once. Did Mr. Craig scare the pee out of her?

Speaking of Oprah's Oscar special, I'm still in love with George Clooney! He cooked a burger for Julia on his little outdoor grill! And god, doesn't he look gorgeous? I know he kind of has commitment issues, but I still adore him.

And Mary Louise Parker and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are dating, which is kind of cute since they both have three names. I've never been a huge fan of MLP, but I felt for her when Billy Crudup left her for Clare Danes when she was 8 months pregnant. But the karma wheel goes around, because not only did she win multiple awards for her work on Angels in America but she also ended up with Denny from Grey's Anatomy! Meanwhile Clare Danes dumped Billy when he wouldn't commit, which just goes to show, that you can't trust a cheater.

I also definitely co-won the Oscar pool at my night job for a grand total of $35 which will just about pay for my lunches this week.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

I just found out about MJP and JDM! I'm so happy for them! He talked about her a bit on Rachel Ray, but not enough for me to suspect....