Friday, March 23, 2007

Thank God It's Friday!




Thank god it's Friday, is all I have to say. This has been like one of the longest weeks of my life it seems. I can't wait for it to be over!


The weather has finally turned nice. Yesterday, it was almost 70 degrees, and today it's supposed to be 50, with a chance of showers, which is better than 20 with snow. So perhaps Spring has finally arrived after all and about time. Perhaps spring fever explains why Sanjaya Malakar is still be allowed to torture us all on American Idol. I can understand that there are people out there who don't like the show, and find it cheesy, but is there any reason to ruin it for those of us who do like it?


I mean sights like 'Vote for the Worst' and Howard Stern encouraging people to vote for Sanjaya. It's not fair to him, and not fair to us to have to listen to him butcher another song week after week. And now he's going on the Idol tour because he made the top 10. That's just cruel. Supposedly tweens adore him because he's so not threatening. There was a 13 year old girl in the audience they kept cutting to who was crying like the Beatles had arrived. He's like the perfect tween crush. He reminds me of this teen idol Tony DeFranco of the DeFranco family.
They had a few hit songs in the '70's. They were like the Italian Canadian version of the Osmonds or the Jackson 5. I personally didn't have a crush on him, being more of a David Cassidy/Donny Osmond fan, but I could see why girls liked him. He was totally non-threatening. His voice hadn't even changed yet. But at least Tony DeFranco could sing which is more than I can say for Sanjaya.
So please American put us all out of our misery and vote Sanjaya off next week.
Thanks for reading!
EKM




1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

I remember the DeFrancos! I had a 45 or two.

And YES - I can't believe Stephanie's gone and Sanjaya is still there! This last week was TERRIBLE!!!