Monday, July 28, 2008

San Francisco Here I Come!

I'm off to San Francisco tomorrow for RWA's National Conference. I don't know if I will be able to blog while I am out there, or if I will be sober enough, but I will certainly give it a shot while I'm away. Looking forward to seeing lots of old friends and making new ones. I might even come back with a shiny new tattoo and definitely plenty of books. I also plan on doing some sight-seeing (the Frida Kahlo exhibit at San Francisco's Modern Art Museum, Fisherman's Wharf, Nob Hill, etc.) in between learning lots about writing at the workshops (really, I plan on going to a few!). I'm not staying at the conference hotel, but the hotel I'm staying at is conveniently in the next block. In fact, I think they are back to back. I'm staying at the Hotel Milano which is 55 5th Street and the Marriott is 55 4th Street. How weird is that?


I'm leaving you all with this lovely shot of the wonderfully talented Alan Rickman, whose next film Bottleshock will be out the first week in August.

Not much else to report, had a lovely time on Friday with friends, and then Saturday and Sunday, I packed for the conference. I'm almost done apart from a few toiletries. Braved the rain yesterday to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and then settled in to watch the first episode of Season 2 of Mad Men which looks like its going to be a good season.

Also saw a preview Saturday night for a new series on BBC America called Primeval, which looks sort of like Jurassic Park, but with less money. It could be interesting. Next week is also the season finale of the godawful Robin Hood and I already know what happens and I'm pretty pissed off about it. Not even Richard Armitage could make me like this show!
Cheers,
EKM

No comments: