Since I had such a crappy day on Friday, it started me thinking about the things that made me happy, gave me pleasure. Positive things that I could focus on instead of how much I wanted to murder my boss! So here are a few things that I love.
1) An all day marathon of Law & Order: SVU
2) Discovering hidden pockets of New York that haven't been knocked down for concrete condos.
3) A glass of champagne with friends
4) Lobster with drawn butter
5) My friends, including Liz Maverick, Leanna Hieber, Megan Frampton, Kwana Jackson, Marley Gibson.
6) My RWA chapter for their friendship and support over the years.
7) Anything with Clive Owen, James Purefoy, Daniel Craig, Richard Armitage, and Taye Diggs in it.
8) Joss Whedon for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dr. Horrible
9) Watching MI-5 on DVD
10) Spending time in London
11) Finding new Scandalous Women to write about.
12) My ballroom dancing classes
13) Great blogs like Risky Regencies, History Hoydens, Edwardian Promenade, and Dear Author.
14) Any book by Loretta Chase, J.D. Robb, Susan Elizabeth Philips and Meg Cabot
15) Watching old movies on TCM and AMC
16) Mad Men getting many Emmy nominations
17) Finding a great pair of shoes
18) The new dress that I bought on sale at Ann Taylor that was marked down from $138 to $40
19) Looking into cutie pie authors artic blue eyes