Monday, March 07, 2005

Diary of a Mad Blogger

At least that's the alternative title to an article that I plan to write for the March issue of Keynotes, which is the newsletter of the New York City chapter of RWA. How did this come about? I was talking about blogging on Saturday in our chapter meeting, and everyone immediately wanted to know what it was and how they could go about doing it. DK, our intrepid Keynotes editor, asked me to write an article on the subject.

Not one to just write about my own experiences, I decided to ask for my friends opinions as well. Several writers that I know have web blogs along with their websites. I've asked my friend MG, who writes a blog on this site, as Vanessa Virtue, a character from one of her novels.

Several writers have banded together as the Literary Chicks at www.literarychicks.com to blog as well. It's a phenomenon that's been growing for several years now. I blog to jump start my writing day, and because I have things to say that I don't feel like boring my friends with. They've heard me rant and rave from time to time on Reality TV, but on the blog I can talk as long as I want.

At first, when DK, suggested the article, I thought she must be out of her mind. But now that I think about it, it's an article that needs to be written, and since I'm actively promoting my blog, by including the address in my email signature and on business cards, it's self-promotion for me. I'm even hoping that I can extend the article in two parts.

No comments: