Wednesday, March 16, 2005

What's new Pussycat?

I changed the look of my blog. I'm convinced that I have some form of ADD, as I get bored easily. It's probably why I read so many different genres of books at one time, and I write both romance and chick-lit. Why stick to just one genre, when you can write in both?

I have the same problem with exercise. I got bored with yoga, now I'm taking Pilates, Body-Sculpting and Belly-dancing, as well as practicing yoga. I have to mix-it-up. I change my hair color all the time too. Now, I'm trying for a nice caramel brown instead of the mahogany that I'm been dying it since the first gray hair arrived in my twenties.

Hey, Eva Longoria says that thirty is the new twenty! And forty is the new thirty they say. Tell that to all the forty year old men looking for 22 year olds.

A little bummed out that Desperate Housewives isn't coming back until the end of March. Damn these sweeps months. Instead of just showing all 22 or however many episodes are shot every year, the networks have to dole them out slowly over the November, February and May sweeps months, to get the big ratings. Meanwhile we're stuck with repeats or new series that the networks hope that we'll watch. For example Jake in Progress, the new John Stamos show. First it was shown in Desperate Housewive's time-slot, now it's moving to it's regularly scheduled time of Thursday, at 8:00. Sorry, John, I'll be watching my sweetie Adam Brody on the OC at that time.

I don't know how high the network is the show, if they schedule it for Thursday's at 8:00. ABC hasn't had a successful series in that timeslot since the 80's. Certainly not a sitcom. I don't know why they don't just add it to the Friday or Tuesday line-up. It's going to get killed up against the OC, CSI, and Joey.

Now I like John Stamos, I remember him fondly from his days as Blackie Parrish on GH ,singing in the band with Frisco Jones, and I was really sorry when his marriage broke-up to Rebecca Romjin, but really did anyone believe that the relationship between Uncle Blackie and a supermodel was going to last once she started making movies, and he was reduced to replacing better known stars on Broadway? He closed two shows on the Great White Way, Nine and How to Succeed.

ABC is doing him a disservice by giving him a deadly timeslot but they're riding high on the ratings boom they've gotten from two hit shows, LOST and Desperate Housewives.

I'm just glad I have America's Next Top Model and American Idol to look forward to.

No comments: