Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Bills, Bills, Bills

I need to pay my bills. Now this isn't an uncommon occurrence, we all have to pay our bills. I've even heard that there are people who are so organized that they have an accordian folder for their bills, which they keep in alphabetical order, or sorted by the date they are due. Wow! My hats are of to you.

My method of paying bills is a little less scientific. Basically it's more like this: "Is that a bill on the floor? Yes, it is. I guess I should pay that." If you get my drift. I really need to be organized than I am when it comes to these things. I don't know what it is about bills, but it seems like they mulitiply in my mail box. I've contemplated getting some of my outstanding debts consolidated into one tidy package to pay off every month, but somehow I just never seem to get around to it.

This week, it's cable, credit card, and Con-ed. The three C's. I've already done my taxes, so I'm ahead of the game.

Tomorrow is also the day, I've set aside to finish going through what I need to send my Keynotes editor for the May issue. Cleaning up my President's Letter, etc. before I get into the serious nitty-gritty of my revisions. Tomorrow is also the day that I re-order the scenes in my book, so that they build to a climax. And then next week, starts the real work. The first 3 chapters are set, so that's good. I figure I can probably try and do a chapter a day for the next three weeks until the book is finished, but I'm also going to start querying.

Last night was spend re-dialing frantically to save my Nadia on American Idol. Unfortunately, I fell asleep so I missed most of her performance, but I had a strong feeling that she wasn't safe, and when I called her 1-866 number and the line wasn't busy, I knew there was a problem. I fully expect when I turn on the television tonight, that she will be in the bottom 3 and possibly eliminated.

Which sucks because I think she is totally worthy of the American Idol crown as it were. I think the reason why Simon likes Carrie and Vonzell is that they are more malleable in terms of image than Nadia is. Nadia has a pretty good sense of who she is musically, if she doesn't pick such great songs.

Look at Jessica Sierra. She picks one crappy Leann Rimes song and she's gone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either Scott or Anthony are eliminated instead which I know is kind of mean, but Scott gives me the creeps, and Anthony is just too bland, so matter how much he tries to spice it up.

Oh, and Britney is pregnant. I'm keeping my hopes up that her husband doesn't dump her the way he dumped his ex-girlfriend for Britney. I just can't seem to shake the feeling that there is something extremely shady about Kevin Federline.

Not that I know Britney personally, but when you've watched someone grow up in the public eye, you feel somewhat protective of them, particularly when you feel they're about to make bad choices.

It's almost lunch time, and I'm still trying to decide what I want to have. It's amazing that this is actually consuming my time. It must have something to do with the today's post on Efoodie. The tortellini sounded sinfully delicious but without the peas and the prosciutto (since I don't eat meat).

No comments: