Friday, April 08, 2005

Free, Free, Set Me Free!

Hooray, the weekend is almost here. Only a few more short hours and I get get my get out of jail card from the place where I work.

I shouldn't complain since I've been able to write a book, do all my RWA NYC stuff, and revise another book while I've been here, but there is one employee, SKW, who literally drives me up the wall with her incessant demands.

No, she is not my boss. If she were, it would be one thing, but she's not. She's another administrative assistant or Executive Assistant's as we are called. I work for the Head of the Division, and she works for one of the Program officers. Technically, I outrank her in the hierarchy of the department.

But for some reason, she seems to think that I work for her. She can't allow me to do anything on my own. If I'm filing, she wants to go through it with me. Despite the fact that I'm quite capable of filing on my own, thank you very much. If I have a question, I'll ask her.

Now, this week, she tells me she needs MY help, doing her filing next week before she leaves on vacation. Excuse me, but Lincoln freed the slaves, thank you very much. If she needs her filing done, she can do it herself. It's not my job, I have my own filing to do. Which I know have to do, so that I don't have to do hers. Catch my drift?

I'm counting the days till I get out of this job. For one thing, I'm taking a pay cut which is hitting me hard in the pocket book to work here. For the most part, the job has been pleasant and a change of pace from the testosterone filled halls of the investment banks that I usually work for. Plus, there's free breakfast and tea every afternoon.

So I've been willing to put up with her whining crapola for the most part. It's not even that she's not a nice person, but she's got the most incredibly whiny voice, and she obsesses over everything.

She either needs to get drunk or get laid, I'm not sure which.

Which brings me to General Hospital. SOW reports that Carly Corinthos will catch her ex-husband Sonny in bed with FBI agent Reese Marshall. Poor Carly, first her son Michael seems to be murdered and now this. This is like the third time that she's caught her husband in bed with someone else. First Alexis Davis, then Sam McCall, and now Reese Marshall. The first two women ended up pregnant. What do you think the chances are that the mysoginistic bastard head writers at GH will write something fresh and original, since they keep repeating themselves?

On a lighter note, I actually have social plans for this weekend. Tonight I'm going out with my friend Marley Gibson, author of the addictive Adventures of Vanessa Virtue here on blogspot, along with several friends from the Chicklit and RWA NYC chapter, to a place in the village owned by an aquaintance.

And then tomorrow night, I'm out with another friend from England. Plus spring cleaning must be done. I have a load of stuff to bring to Goodwill and the Salvation Army. I'm determined to have my apartment in some sort of clean state by the summer.

Oh, and I was rejected by a guy I winked at on Match.com. Surprisingly it hurt, even though he doesn't know me, just wants in my profile. Still, I shouldn't let it get me down, the guy has 4 sons. I'm not sure I'm ready to be a stepmom to that many kids!

I'm also a little bummed that Burger King decided to change their BK Veggie Burger. Now, you have to ask for pickles, and onions, whereas before it was just included like the Whopper Jr. Why am I bummed? Because I hate to have to ask to have it included every time I order one. Plus, I think they're using Morningstar Farms now instead of Gardenburger. Not that it will stop me ordering them, mind you. I'm just saying.

I'm also intrigued by the Spicy BK Fish that they're serving now. Clearly, I need to get off the fast food wagon!

No comments: