Thursday, November 03, 2005

Birthday Blues

Well, it's the day after my birthday, and it's always a let down after the euphoria of the day itself.

Here's a picture of the pretend boyfriend just before he presented me with a lovely necklace from Asprey, and a bracelet from Garrards, from the Jade Jagger collection.

Ah, if it were only true!

In real life, I had dinner with some friends at Ruby Foo's, which you can read about here. Unfortunately, they didn't have my favorite sushi roll, which is the real crabmeat california roll with spicy tuna on top. The only bummer about the whole evening was the fact that I actually had to pay for my dinner myself. We came up short on money, and since a few people had left, I had to come up with the rest including the tip. Happy Birthday to me!

Several friends called me to wish me a happy birthday, including ex-sweetie pie from LA, my friend Chip from London, and my friend SRN who took the time out from caring for her newborn to call me. I have such cool friends! I also received some cool gifts including the new George Michael CD, The Ghosts of Albion by Christopher Golden and Amber Benson (Tara on Buffy), and a really groovy pair of earrings. The Alias 2006 calendar so that I can stare at Michael Vartan, imagining him murmuring sweet nothings to me in French, and some cool soaps.

Unfortunately a few friends couldn't make it for various reasons, so that was a bummer. But I did have a great horoscope in the Daily News by Susan Miller, which left me feeling optimistic about the coming year. Of course, I'll have to see what my astrologer says when she comes to town again. (Yes, I have an astrologer).

Now it's back to the grindstone. As you can see by the word count, I am making some progress this week on my NaNoWriMo book. Of course, it's week one. We'll see how it goes next week. I've managed to turn down the internal editor whenever she kicks up a fuss.

One sour note to the day so far. I was told at work that I sound too professional and serious on the phone, and I'm not upbeat and enthusiastic enough. Okay, that's the first time I've ever gotten that criticism. Of course, they're not taking into account the fact that I still have a hard time recognizing voices on the phone, and it would help if internal people would just tell me who's calling instead of my having to ask each time.

Oy!

Have a good day everyone! Only 3 weeks till Turkey Day!

No comments: