Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Whinging Wednesdays

It's time for another edition of Whinging Wednesday, the one day of the week where I freely complain about anything and everything.

First up, Madonna. Now I love me some Ms. M as she's now called. I even bought Confessions on a Dance Floor, which is a much better CD than her last one. But when did she decide to start dressing like Barney? Everything she's been wearing lately has been purple. Is this some new Kabbalah thing? First she's wearing a purple leotard at the MTV Europe awards, then she shows up at the Harry Potter premiere in London in head to toe purple, looking like an eggplant or as they like to call it over there, an aubergine.

Nick and Jessica. Anyone surprised they split up? I guess they hoped if they announced it on Thanksgiving, no one would care. I heard that Jessica actually broke up with him via email! That's classy. What I'm amazed by is that he put up with her for 3 years. I don't know either one of them personally, but if you've ever seen an episode of Newlyweds, you would know that Jessica Simpson would try the patience of Gandhi!

Prison Break mini season finale - Did anyone else feel ripped off that after all that digging and arguing, and planning, the prisoners discovered that someone had fixed the pipe that Michael had spent weeks getting ready? And what about the idiots who parked right in front of the prison? Good idea, you're waiting for a group of prisoners to break-out and you park right in front. Now we have to wait until March to find out what happens next!

Mr. Slurpie and Mr. Subways - okay these are the two guys that sit next to me at work. Mr. Slurpie has obviously never heard of using a spoon to drink his soup, nor that it's impolite to slurp it. Everyday he has soup for lunch, and it drives me friggin nuts having to hear him slurp it. Then the guy on my right? He must have seen those commercials with Jared too many times, because every day he has subway sandwich for lunch. I'm talking the foot-long sub. Every damn day. And there not that good. The bread totally sucks compared to like Cosi or Au Bon Pain. Yet everyday like clockwork he comes back with a ginormous soda and a foot long sub.

I take being president of our local chapter seriously. It's a huge job, and alot of stress. Not a day goes by that I don't think of resigning and letting someone else take the responsibility. But I don't because I owe it to the people who voted for me and who had the faith that I could do this job. I work 80 hours a week at two jobs, so if I schedule an extra board meeting say, it's not because I don't have anything better to do. Everyone is under alot of stress in their daily lives, but running an organization has to be the most stress ever because you have to manage people. After 6 years on the board of our local chapter, I'm definitely ready to pack it in after my term as president is up.

And finally, after 30 days of writing, 60,000 words, 220 pages, I finally figured out what my plot should be for this YA that I just finished. So starting Monday, it's time to rip it apart, and rewrite from scratch! Yeah!

4 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Okay, so good on the YA. Bad on the Presidential woes--I feel your pain (or I felt your pain. No more! Yay!).

See you Saturday.

Marley Gibson said...

Hugs on the board woes. I certainly wouldn't know anything about that. (natch!) Soooooooo proud of you for the work on the YA. You've really kicked writing tale this month. I hope you praise yourself properly and celebrate the accomplishment.

= )

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

January 8th at TRS, 44 E. 32nd St. 11th Floor.

MJFredrick said...

Hugs on the presidential problems! I was asked to be president of my chapter but I just wouldn't be able to deal with one more stressor. I don't know how you do it and write.