Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My favorite cartoon character

Today's post is going to be very short, since frankly I feel like crap. Yes, the great fall cold has finally hit me. It hasn't helped that the weather has jumped back and forth lately from warm to cold and back again. So, I thought I'd blog today about my all time favorite cartoon character Pepe Le Pew. I'm not sure why Pepe is my favorite character, when you think about it, he's a little bit of a stalker.
He's always falling in love with inappropriate women (mainly cats that he thinks are female skunks). He's persistent, he never takes no for an answer, and he has that cute little bouncy walk that he does, not to mention that french accent. Ooh, la-la.

Maybe it's because Pepe is a hopeless romantic and optimistic to a fault. He truly believes that the woman of his dreams is out there, and he's always up for the challenge. If you believe that a man should be the one to do the chasing, than Pepe is the character for you.

In a way, he reminds me of myself when I was much younger, around 9, when I was completely boy-crazy. See I never went through that stage where I thought boys were yucky. Maybe because I hit adolescence early with a bang. I used to hang out with a group of girls, that used to call ourselves, 'the kissing girls.' Like Pepe we used to run around after school during playgroup, grabbing boys and trying to hold them down long enough to kiss them.

As you can see by the above quote, Pepe also doesn't lack in the confidence area. He truly believes he is the most handsome thing on the planet despite being a skunk. There's a lesson in this, if you believe that you are beautiful or attractive, that's what people will perceive. It's all about being self-confident. Pepe's a prime example of that type of thinking. He reminds of me of the guys who have no problem thinking that models will want to date them, even if they're short, fat and balding.

As the old saying goes 'love is blind.' No?

Who is your favorite cartoon character?

4 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I hope you feel better soon, Elizabeth!

I like Pepe too, um, I think my favorite is Scooby Doo. My kids still watch him today, and he's just so goofy and funny. =)

Megan Frampton said...

I like Pepe, too, and frequently use "le pant, le heave" about say, Clive Owen or Chris Cornell or someone like that.
I watch too many cartoon characters to really have a favorite anymore. I do like Martian Manhunter from Justice League and Beast from X-Men (he's the perfect guy: blue, furry, exceedingly smart, and totally strong).

Gabrielle said...

I don't have a favorite cartoon character...well, maybe the President...but I did always love watching Pepe.

Hope you've got lots of DVDs and good books to help you through the cold. :-(

MJFredrick said...

Gir from the Nickolodeon cartoon Invader Zim. He's a robot but he's just blissfully clueless. And he likes to eat. A lot.