Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Summer Solstice

Happy Summer Solstice! Yes, indeedy, today is the first official day of summer, and I've been in a bit of a funk, which I won't get into. I've had to learn that there are just some things that you cannot change. I've had a bit of a headache for the past two days, which was exacerbated by lack of sleep due to work, and then I forgot to log in a product last night, which was stupid, and normally, I would never make such a silly mistake but that's what happens when you get distracted.
Like looking at this gorgeous creature, James Purefoy, dressed as Beau Brummell for the new BBC movie. Now that's a distraction I can deal with.

Still waiting to hear from super-duper wonderful agent about my full, and also from other agents who have my partials. While I'm biting my nails down to the quick, I've also read a good friend's manuscript which I thoroughly enjoyed, and just received a critique for another partial that I wrote from another really good friend, so I need to read that as well.

Fun guy and I are playing telephone tag at the moment, and he's it. If he's lucky, I might even be still interested if he calls back.

I'm also plotting my latest YA, and trying to give my heroine a goal to work towards during the book. She has one goal which is external, but I think she needs another one that's more personal to her. And I need to find the conflict between her and her love interest without relying on the old-standbys of the obnoxious sister/girlfriend/mother character which can be useful, but I've already done that in the last two books I wrote. I don't want to make it a habit!

In the meantime, my chapter is getting ready to celebrate our 20th anniversary in the fall, so alot of work is going into making sure we have a fantabulous celebration.

In the meantime, thanks for reading!

EKM

2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Good luck with those conflicts, Elizabeth...new ones are very hard to discover.

And good luck with the full request!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Thanks, Megan. Taking a novella and expanding it, is really hard!