Friday, June 16, 2006

Va-Va Voom


Okay, is this not one of the sexiest dresses you've ever seen in a 1940's Rita Hayworth kind of way? I mean the dress would look better on a brunette or a red head but you get what I mean. Just pretend that Carmen Electra is wearing it and not the high school senior on the left.

I registered for National at the very last minute (okay two days before the early-bird registration deadline), and I somehow managed to get a room at the Marriott as well, despite the fact that the RWA web-site says that it's sold-out. Now I just have to find the dress to wear to the RITA's. But why is that every dress that I like costs about $500? Can I write it off as a business expense?

Right now, I have a vintage dress that belonged to my mother, but I just have to keep looking just in case 'the dress' is still out there. This isn't it by the way. It's a little too sexy, but hey I bet I could get a date for the evening in it.


This one is more like it, but again what's with the twelve year old models? Speaking of dates, I still haven't called 'elusive guy' yet. He's out of town until Sunday, so I plan on calling on Monday. I have a feeling that while he may be fun to be with, that's in no way ready for something serious. I could be wrong but that's the sense I get. Meanwhile Auction guy, I think I could have real feeling for, but of course, he's not interested. Story of my life.

However, I discovered a bar close to my neighborhood that is apparently crawling with cops and doctors. Why didn't any tell me about this four years ago? I'll skip the Kareoke nights, but $5 Cosmpolitans on Friday could be interesting.

In the meantime, I've just queried three more agents, and I'm in the middle of getting myself together to start writing another YA. I bought First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner and so far, it's very interesting. I'm hoping to have that first draft ready by the conference. Right now, I've just done my collage with pictures of what I think the characters look like, worked out my character sketches, and I've started outlining the story.

This weekend, I'll let it percolate while I take care of some errands and spending time with another friend who is also an orphan. Plus I'm working the next two nights.

Thanks for stopping by!

EKM

3 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I love the red dress! I actually bought two dresses - one on eBay, and after going to Neiman Marcus and seeing a Greek goddess style one, I got a similar one from Chadwicks. Haven't received it yet, so don't know how it will look.

A friend of mine tried to register for National earlier this week and was put on the waiting list! And she's a Rita finalist! So you're lucky you got in!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Mary, I was actually on the waiting list but somehow I got off it. And I got into the Marriott Marquis! I'm telling you it's serendipity that I'm going to the conference. Hope to see you there!

MJFredrick said...

I hope we get to meet, too! I love visiting your blog!