Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Starting Over


Isn't this a sweet picture of Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban at their wedding on Sunday? I think she looks really beautiful and happy. It's interesting to compare her relationship with Keith Urban to the spectacle that Tom Cruise has made out of his relationship with Katie Holmes.

No one even knew that Nicole and Keith Urban were seeing each other until they were spotted in Woodstock last summer, and even their publicists denied they were even more than friends. Nicole didn't even announce her engagement until May and then it was very casual. Tom Cruise has a lot to learn from his former wife.

I just hope she and Keith are very happy because I think she really deserves it.

Speaking of starting over, I started writing my new YA yesterday and got about six pages into it before I realized that the first person was not going to work in this version.

I have two points of view going on in the book, Ginny my young heroine, and the ghost that haunts the house in England where they're staying. I could just do the book in Ginny's first person point of view, but since Oscar Wilde in his original story includes the ghost's point of view, I wanted to include it in the book.

Of course, all this could change in the second draft, but right now that's where it's going.

Oh, and did you hear that JK Rowling is killing of two characters in the last Harry Potter book? I haven't recovered from the death in the last book. And she may even kill off Harry! Say what? I hope not, it would do a disservice to all the fans who followed his adventures through seven books only to have him die in the final book, even if he defeats Voldemort.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

EKM-I like your blog. I've just opened shop here today...I'm a writer as well. How did you get all the extra tables of information...hot blogs, hot links, hot writers...etc. I really love the way you've set that up.

BY the way...here's a link to a literary agent's site that I find interesting. http://pubrants.blogspot.com/ Maybe you'll find it interesting as well?

Have a good one!